Blackjack Tips and Recommendations
Blackjack is casino game that is a combination of skill as well as luck in order to win just like any other card game. However, no man could have one all his game of blackjack. Of course there are some very helpful tips to play blackjack to that you can increase your chances of winning. More winnings mean more enjoyable experience in playing the game. However, you have to be guided that these are only tips and they cannot assure full proof success in your game.
Never Split 2 tens
If you have a situation that you have hand that has a total value of 20, this is an excellent hand. Your goal now is to reach 21. If on the first 2 cards that were dealt to you and you were given 20, only one situation in which the dealer can beat you and it is with a total of 21. In this situation, it would be very hard for the dealer to beat you.
Split the Two 8s always
Whatever the value of the card is on the dealer's hand, even with the ace, the two 8s should always be split. The total of 2 8s is 16 and if you have this, you have the worst hand for blackjack. If you split the 8s you can have a better chance of having a winning hand so it will also save you money. It is like having one winning hand and one losing hand. If in case, you drew 10 on each of the hands; you have 2 18s instead of having one 16 which is a much better option. Than the later.
Do not Split your Two 5s
If you have 2 5s on your hand, you get 10 so it would be very wise you double down so just ask for one card only. If you split your 5s and if you get two 10s, you automatically have bad hand from that good hand. Had you doubled down, you could have had 20 instead.
When should you double down?
- Do not hesitate if the dealer shows an ace or a 10 if you have a count of 11.
- If the dealer has 9 or even lesser and if you have a count of 10.
- If the dealer has a card between 2 and 8 if you have a count of 9.
- If the dealer has 4, 5 or 6 and you have a count of 9; do not hesitate to double down.
- If the dealer has 5, or 6 and if you have a soft 14 and soft 13.
- If the dealer has 4, 5 or 6 and you have soft 15 and 16.
- If the dealer has 3 up to 6, and you have soft 17 and 18.
- If you get a soft 17 and soft 18 when the dealer has 3 through 6.
If you get cards equal to 12 or higher.
- If the hand is 17 or higher, stand on it.
- If the dealer has, 2 up to 6 and if your card total is 12 up to 16.
- If the dealer has 7 or even higher and if your hand has a total of 12 to 16.
If the dealer has 8, 9 or 10, that is the only time to draw on soft 18. Doubling down is a method where you can remove the house edge so it is very critical to understand when to use this kind of move.
Aside from that, always draw on 17 or less than the said value.
Things you can consider when splitting pairs
If you have a pair of 8s or even aces, always split them. When you split your 8s, you will be able to break the 16 which is a very bad hand on blackjack. If you have 2 aces, it could mean 2 or 12 but if you split them you have 2 11s which increases chances of getting 21.
- Never split your 10s, 4s and 5s.
- If the dealer holds a card between 4 and 7, you can split the 2s and 3s.
- You split your 6 if the dealer holds a car that is from 3 to 6.
- Split your 7s if the dealer has 3 up to 7.
- Split the 9s if the dealer has a card 2 up to 9.